Sunday, November 19, 2006

I'm hungry


I'm hungry and writing food blogs late at night is not helping either! Here's what I ate today. For breakfast/brunch I ate 2 toast and 2 eggs. Boring! That was around 11:30AM. Later I had a piece of cake around 3:30PM. My headache wouldn't go away so I figured I should eat. I had bought from steak earlier that day, but was too lazy to make it. (I usually like my steak blacken; eaten with rice, greens (usually beans, but broccoli would do today) and sautee mushrooms).

I was craving fish, raw fish so I went up the block and got some sushi and faux sushi (California rolls). And a serving of miso soup. Yumm. Speaking of faux sushi, I can't stabd it when people think that California rolls are "sushi." No honey! sushi means RAW FISH! shesh! Anyway, I had Saba and Saka.

So that was all I ate today....I fell asleep watching "That 70's Show." And when I woke up it was too late to eat (2AM....it's 3:31AM right now). Anyway, I kept starring at this photo that I took not too long ago. It looks so good! And it is/was very good! I had some leftover beer so I poured it over my chicken wings, threw some salt and pepper onto it and some "rooster sauce" and damn did it come out great. I also had some Chinese greens. I think they're called White Chinese Flowering Cabbage, they look kinda like mustard greens, but they're softer and leafy.

Anyway, one of the reasons I hate Providence is because they don' t have any decent produce (that's why when I want/need some Asian produce I go to Boston)! Well, at least not the ones I ate! I don't want any chard! And I don't want any damn turnip! I want some mustard greens, some
pea shoots, Ridged Luffa, snakebeans (they have some here, but they look like shit), Bitter Melon, and even better! Bitter Melon Leaves (with beef)! and oh my gosh! some pumkin leaves! They are so good in soup form! some Thai eggplant, etc! And some damn home made crushed "hot" pepper! damn. Man, I do really miss home, California. Hmmm. I should get to bed now. I'll dream of all the food my mother would make for Thanksgiving. My sister usually makes the "traditional" Thanksgiving food, but my mom makes Mien food, crab soup, noodles, etc......too bad I'm not going to be there though.

Labels: