Sunday, January 07, 2007

Thee worst restaurant in Providence is Sakura Restaurant

No words can describe how horrible the food was. The beef teriyaki was the worst thing I've ever eaten in my life (and I've had sea urchin before). I didn't bother eating the sushi that M-- ordered because from the looks of it they didn’t even look like raw sushi grade fresh.

I didn’t even bother offering some of my beef to M--. After awhile I told him that I would offer it to him, but that I’m not going to because it was so bad. I apologized to him for suggesting that we go there. I know it wasn’t my fault, but I felt so bad. He said he was okay (that’s because he’s very tolerant).

Here are the reasons why the beef dish (oh my gosh! I still can't get over how horrible this place was!) was so bad:

1) The beef was flat....meaning it was extremely thin (thinly sliced).
2) The beef smelled. It smelled of rotten beef because it was probably rotten. Before I even ate the meat I could smell how bad it was (and I'm the type of person that eats anything). I ate a piece and was seriously thinking about not touching my plate after that. I should have done so since I feel sick to my stomach right now.
3) The rice was soggy.
4) The beef was over cooked. (The reason why they over cooked the meat was to cover up that fact that the meat was rotten. They do this in Chinese restaurants, but it’s harder to detect because they cut the meat into smaller pieces AND they add ginger and a lot of garlic to over the smell).
5) The ramen noodles that came with the plate was nasty and was unnecessary
6) The beef tasted BAD. Need I say more?

The only mediocre thing about the food was that the miso soup wasn't bad and the price for the food wasn't as expensive as Haruki. (I'd rather pay more for some-what good Japanese food than pay less to eat TRASH. Yes, they serve trash and I resent everyone that holds this place so high. Besides the food being very nasty, inedible and sicken the entire restaurant looked like trash. Seriously, even a person without an eye for detail can see the enormous flaws they have at that restaurant. The ceilings were old and dirty. The walls were cracked and dusty. And the bathroom --- well, it's comparable to the boys’ bathroom in the public schools. Okay, it wasn't as bad, but it was very bad. Did I mention that the blinds in the bathroom weren't closed all the way because they were broken and dirty (I saw this before I got the food) and that the soap looked dirty and crusty?)

This place serves trash.

I am so sick of the Asian restaurants here in Providence (except for Sawadee on Hope St.). The Asian restaurants here in Providence give non-Asians a false sense of what Asian food is like and that is not good. If you want real Asian food go to California (go to LA, Oakland, San Francisco, and any city in the Bay Area). My gosh, it's horrible how a lot of people think that this place is so great when it's not. Yes, they don't charge that much, but do you really want to eat trash? I hate to dog this place, but they get an “F-“ from me.

I read the reviews on yahoo and everyone seemed to like it EXCEPT one smart individual who said this place is overrated and YES it is!

Do not eat here unless you really don’t care about eating good food.

I would have been HAPPY to have had a frozen entree than to have eaten here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home