Saturday, January 20, 2007

Roast Leg of Lamb

Leg of lamb was on sale so I decided to roast one this weekend.




My first attempt to make roasted leg of lamb turned out pretty well (at least I think so). I got the main recipe from a Donna Hay cookbook that was given to us last year. Donna Hay called for 5 pound leg of lamb, but I was only able to get a four pounder. And instead of using only seeded mustard, honey and a bed of rosemary I added slivers of garlic, rosemary (see photo), olive oil, salt and black pepper.




Even though I had a 4 pound leg of lamb I followed the 5 pound recipe. The lamb roasted for 1.5 hours. The lamb was cooked, which was good because I’m a little paranoid about eating raw lamb (I’m okay with raw beef, but not lamb).

I also made green beans, glazed carrots and stove top stuffing...and of course rice.



(Before the extra virgin olive oil rub)


To see the rest of the photos and more click on the link above


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home